Pre-paid meter in BPDB
About 0.9 millions nos. prepayment meters have been installed at the premises of different categories consumers in Chittagong, Sylhet, Comilla, Mymensingh Zone of BPDB. They provide more sales performance than the traditional system. The main advantages are:
- Assume 100% revenue collection and zero accounts receivable.
- Prevents using excess than sanctioned load by the consumer.
- Prevents electricity pilferage after meter.
- Provide hassle free service in billing/collection process, such as, inaccurate meter reading, fictitious billing etc.
- Consumer can manage their energy consumption.
- Consumer can identify the high consuming energy appliance and reduce their energy consumption.
- Prepaid meter saves consumers from unexpected high bills.
- Have advantage of tariff rates. Consumers can determine prices depending on when you decide to use your electricity.
- Consumers get rebate 1% on Energy Cost.
- Consumers can recharge anytime from any where using mobile apps, USSD.
Third Party Vending System: Vending at anytime, anywhere.
In traditional system, prepaid customers have to go to particular Utility Vending Station (UVS) physically in office hour to purchase prepaid energy Token. Customer pays cash money to vending cash counter and receives a printed copy of prepaid energy token or a smart card which is usable only for that particular prepaid meter. Then customer inserts the printed token in keypad meter or inserts smart card in Smart Card Meter. Unified prepayment System is now generating prepaid energy token through third party vending operator as well as BPDB’s vending Stations. Agent vending system minimizes the necessity of huge numbers of vending stations to deal with vast number of consumers which needs large manpower for operation. In this system BPDB appointed Grameenphone & Robi to provide vending service to the prepaid meter consumer of BPDB through Mobile USSD and mobile Apps.
The main objectives of 3rd Party Vending System are:
- Reduce costing for setting up huge number of vending stations;
- Improve customer services;
- Make the system easy and transparent;
- Improve and secure cash flow;
- Modernize & Digitalize of Pre-paid Metering System.
- Make the system sustainable.
- User can recharge his prepaid meter anytime from anywhere.